Mix up potions for a living
About Fun Science Franchise
A low cost franchise opportunity operating in 4 countries
Fun Science is a company operating primarily in the UK but with branches in the USA and Switzerland too. Fun Science franchises give you everything you need to start your own successful business demonstrating practical science activities to children age 4-11 through workshops, after school clubs, birthday parties and holiday clubs. We have territories available across the UK and internationally as well.
Life as a fun scientist is never dull. One day you may be making edible poo and the next you are launching a rocket! Kids have a natural curiosity and Fun Science programmes harness this curiosity and turn it into investigation and experimentation. A Fun Science franchise is profitable too, enabling you to earn a full time wage, working part time hours (if you can call making explosions ‘work’!)
Investment and earnings
Fun Science franchises offer a low investment opportunity to run your own business. Exclusive UK territories cost just £4,995 set up fee with £150 a month maintenance fees (rising to £250 per month in year 3). There are no hidden costs, we do not take a percentage of your turnover and you do not have to purchase replacement equipment and materials through us enabling you to keep costs low (though we do offer a shop service if you would like this)
Your start up fee covers:
- Your own exclusive area with at least 50,000 children aged 5-11.
- Over £2000 worth of start-up equipment
- A space on our SEO optimised website with integrated booking system
- Automatic accreditation as a learning destination with the Children’s University.
- Your own @fun-science.org.uk email address
- Full uniform including polo shirts and lab coat
- 500 leaflets, 500 business cards, 250 schools brochures
- Access to our promotional videos, high resolution images, logos, printable items, lesson plans and more.
- Social media accounts set up and initial posts and advertising to increase followers
- Help and support responding to initial emails and bookings
- A launch event in your area
- A full day of 1:1 training in your choice of location
Your monthly maintenance fee covers:
- Ongoing help and support at every step of your business journey including employing staff, dealing with incidents, business expansion etc.
- Continued access to over 1000 downloadable documents including lesson plans, photos, videos, sample adverts, risk assessments, contracts, procedures for dealing with non-payment etc.
- Access to our branch owners’ Facebook group for you to share ideas with other Fun Science branch owners.
- Use of our simple online booking system which makes taking party and holiday club bookings a breeze
- Ongoing premium online marketing
A Fun Science franchise gives you the flexibility to work as little or as much as you would like. You will be provided with all the resources and training to run birthday parties, workshops, holiday clubs and after school clubs. However, if you choose to focus on one service or to miss out one service all together, you can still earn a full time wage working part time hours.
For example, a parent may choose to run more holiday clubs so that they can take their children with them or more in-school workshops and home education groups so that they are home when their children start and finish school each day. It’s completely up to you!
Costs do vary slightly according to the location of the event but we have included rough profits for each of our services below.
- Crazy Chemical Celebration Party (45 minutes) – £74.50
- Sweets and Surprises Party (45 minutes) – £96.50
- Fantastic Physics Party (60 minutes) – £116.50
- Chemical/Electrical Extravaganza Party (70 minutes) -£133.50
- Complete Package Party (100 minutes)- £180.50
- After school club (5 x 60 minute sessions) – £517.50
- Workshop (60 minutes) – £124.50
- Fun Day (Block of 5 x 5 hour days) – £2172.50
If you decided to work part time and run 2 after school clubs per half term, 2 birthday parties per week and 6 groups of fun days per year you could earn a yearly average of £31,866 before overheads (insurance, office costs and any additional marketing you choose to do – roughly £100 a month). If you choose to take on staff you can earn much more than this.
I’ve not been pushing the marketing because I’m pretty busy with my PhD at the moment, so I am aiming to slowly ramp things up as I have more time available. Despite having done limited marketing so far, I’ve still got two after schools clubs in Jan/ Feb, both of which are fully booked, and four parties during this time period. I expect these to bring in around £1700 from mid Jan to mid Feb, before tax and business expenses. In March I have five science week workshops, with another school currently thinking about booking. I’ve also got a further seven workshops booked in for June.
Magnetic Milla, Fun Science Sheffield – 1 month after launching
Interested in this franchise opportunity?
For additional information on Fun Science franchise, simply click the button below today!
Kinetic Kate1 Reviews Verified
The excitement of the birthday parties and sharing experiments with a large group of children is great. I really enjoy visiting schools and working with them to build on the science topics pupils have been learning about in the classroom. Plus I love the challenge of creating workshops to answer the different questions and interests of my home educated groups.
Wacky Jacky1 Reviews Unverified
Getting a Fun Science franchise is the best thing I ever did. I'd recommend them wholeheartedly whether you are looking for a party or a new business!!!”
Wingstop Announces Minority Investment in Wingstop UK Franchisee
Wingstop (NASDAQ: WING) the award-winning wing concept with more than 1,500 locations worldwide, today announced a minority investment in the UK business, which is operated[..]Read More
Itsu plans up to 150 additional UK sites
Itsu has the potential to add a further 150 sites to its UK estate, chief executive Ganan Kanagathurai has said. Speaking to MCA, BigHospitality's sister site, Kanagathurai[..]Read More
Home Instead announces charity’s rebrand
Leading home care provider, Home Instead, has rebranded its charity, previously known as the Bring Joy Foundation, as Home Instead Charities. Top Franchises for 2021[..]Read More
Franchise chain opens seventh office in the same county
Franchise giant Winkworth has opened a new office in the south west at Ferndown in Dorset. Top Franchises for 2021 - Search our Directory [..]Read More
Domino’s to hire 5,000 staff in UK as demand ramps up
Domino's Pizza Group said on Tuesday, June 1, it would hire 5,000 pizza chefs and delivery drivers to bolster its 1,100 UK stores as customer[..]Read More
Fix Auto Penzance first carbon neutral franchisee in the UK
A Penzance-based repair centre, Fix Auto, has reached its goal of operating as fully carbon neutral. Fix Auto Penzance, which is part of a global[..]Read More
Fun Science Franchise Success Story - Sue Hayward
Sue was working for Telford college before she joined us but decided to make the change to have a more flexible job and be able to spend more time with[..]Read More
Fun Science Franchise Success Story - Camilla Rootes
Camilla joined us in October 2016 and started up Fun Science Sheffield. At the time, Camilla was running the business part time around completing a PHD in palaeoglaciology (reconstructing glaciers[..]Read More
Fun Science -WOW factor Birthday Parties, Workshops and Science Clubs
Fun Science offers unique birthday parties for children aged 3-11 with sparks, slime and lots of hands on fun! Franchise opportunities are also available.