This website is operated by Dry Web Ltd trading as franchise4u (‘franchise4u’ or ‘we’) and provides a service of franchise reviews and lead generation to franchisors and general information about franchises.
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website – www.franchise4u.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
What Data Do We Collect?
You can view all of the content on Our site without providing any of your personal information. However, there are three ways in which we collect personal information from you on Our site:
We collect personal information when you submit an enquiry about a Franchise listed on Our site using the “Request Information” form. The personal information we collect from you in this instance is:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Post code
- Town / City
- Desired Investment
- The information you submit via this form is only shared with the franchise business or businesses that you specifically selected on your form. These franchise businesses will contact you via either of email &/or telephone (phone call or SMS) only to the email address &/or phone number you provided.
- By submitting the “Request Information” form you are consenting to send your personal information to the franchises businesses listed on the form.
- By submitting the “Request Information” form you are consenting to subscribe to further email marketing from franchise4u if you have ticked the sign-up box on the form.
We collect personal information when you post a Review about a franchise business listed in our Directory. The personal information we collect from you in this instance is:
- Name (optional – you can leave an anonymous Review if you wish)
- Email address
- The information you submit when posting a Review is not shared with anyone else and is stored securely in our servers at all times.
- If you choose to post your name with Review, then this will appear publicly on Our Site, alongside the Review.
- We also collect personal information when you use the “Subscribe to Our Newsletter” form, which enables you to signup to our email newsletter by submitting this form. To complete the “Subscribe to Our Newsletter” form you must submit your email address.
What We Do with Your Personal Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your personal information with third parties without your consent. We retain access to your personal information at all times on our secure electronic database servers. These servers may reside in or outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will only share your personal information with the franchise businesses you consented to receive further information about that are listed in the “Request Information” form. These businesses will contact you by telephone and/or email and in doing so they may use third party services to handle your data. These services may reside either inside or outside of the EEA.
When you write a review of a company on our site, people can show that they find your review useful, for example by “liking it” and we collect this information. We also collect information about how many people read your review. We don’t track the identities of people who read the reviews, but we do collect data on the number of consumers who read your review. If you “like” another person’s review we will also collect that information.
If you complete the “Subscribe to our Newsletter” form your personal information will only be used by Our Site for email marketing purposes. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Requesting and Updating Your Personal Information
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Our Site under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To request a copy of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of ‘Personal Information Request’ and we will respond to your request within twenty working days.
To request your personal information to be either updated or deleted, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject of ‘Personal Information Update / Deletion Request’ and we will respond to your request within twenty working days.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our email marketing at any time, you can click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email we send to you.
A cookie consists of information sent by Our Site to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables Our Site to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on Our Site. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate Our Site. We will use the persistent cookies to enable Our Site to recognise you when you return to the website so that you do not have to re-register your personal details again; and
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. However, if you set up your browser to reject the cookie, you may still use Our Site.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- Improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- Improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Process transactions for franchises listed in the directory
Your information, whether public or private, will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the service requested.
Social Media & Links to Other sites
Our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from Our Site. We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites, and we advise you to always check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Keeping your Data Secure
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. While no data transfer can be completely secure, we will make reasonable efforts to secure all data that is transferred, stored or processed. We recommend that you take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the internet.
We follow latest standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Our Site is owned and operated by Dry Web Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 09497945, whose registered office is 369 Hagley Road West, Quinton, England, B32 2AL.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com or by post to franchise4u, 78 York St, London, W1H 1DP.
Last Update: 01/04/2019